Monday 24 October 2011

Travelling Vic Falls - a visitor's comments

This via Kaeti Hands


Mum and Dad came to Vic Falls in the seventies, and it left such an impression on them that they gave me my middle name of Victoria after the Falls. So when I decided to make this trip, visiting Vic Falls was a must.  And now I have seen it, I understand - it is spectacular.


We are at the end of the dry season at the moment, so the water levels are at their lowest, but still, the Falls are amazing.  And Vic Falls town is very nice as well.   The Victoria Falls Hotel is a lovely old colonial hotel with stunning views, well worth a visit.  A few of us had high tea there this afternoon which was very pleasant indeed.  This morning I took the "flight of angels", a helicopter ride over the Falls, where you can understand the true scale of the Zambezi, and the gorge that it crashes into.

1 comment:

  1. If I could fly, life would be amazing. But paraplegic people say the same thing about walking, and I freaking hate walking. But i like Flying in plane, you shoul also try Cheap Flights to Dar Es SalaamSomebody might ask me, “Hey, do you want to go for a walk?” and I’ll reply, “Nope. But I do want to have a seat on a chair with wheels and roll along with you.” So maybe flight isn’t so cool after all. Possibly birds get pissed off they have to fly everywhere.

    ReplyDelete